Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Post by a 10-year-old Guest Blogger

Today we have been playing with ... spiders. We were playing outside when an idea popped into my head. Fortunately there was a spider in our front yard so I decided to see the spider in action. So this is the gross part: I got a dead fly out of the window, got the fly swatter to get the fly on the web and went outside. So this is the hard part: I had to balance the fly. When I got to the web the spider was in the middle of the web so I had to sort of prod the spider while trying to get the fly on the web. The spider was about 2 and a half inches long and it was a writing spider (see picture.) Good for me the spider backed right out of the middle... in attack mode. So I got the fly on the web and I was so pleased but the spider got right back at me. After I got the fly on the web the spider decided to crawl a little after each five minutes.That really annoyed me. After ten minutes I was impatient. I finally decided to prod the spider to the fly. I poked him and he crawled into the middle. After two minutes I poked him again and he crawled right and then up where the fly was. When he saw the fly he began wrapping the fly into a burrito. I didn`t get a picture of him wrapping the fly but here's some pictures of the spider.


2 comments:

emsmom said...

That's scary and you are crazy Samuel!

CALVIN said...

Takes one to know one buster