Thursday, November 4, 2010

Horse Mania






So Grandma and Papaw took Me and Bud to downtown Lexington to look at some Horse Mania and to see Secretariat. We walked around for about 45 minutes to an hour finding statues. Grandma and I were acting like crazy newspaper photographers, going nuts every time we saw a new statue. I was super-amazed at all the different materials the artists used on their horses. The majority of them used paint, but there was one that was covered entirely in little glass shards, all different colors (it didn't feel smooth to the touch at all; if you weren't careful you could cut yourself). Another had a nice pile of stuff (I have no idea what it was) where the saddle would go. One had little knobs outlining circles all over.


I got 50-or-so pictures and I would LOVE to put them all on here, but Mom said I should narrow it down to just my top 4 or 5. ~Sis


Egyptian Treasure










Nightmare











In The Sky with the Diamonds (the one with the glass shards)









Siren of the Bluegrass (my favorite!)






No comments: